Career opportunities will be posted as they become available. If you are interested in the employment opportunities that are listed on our website, please refer to the contact information listed for each posting.
To advertise a job, please refer to our advertising policy for rates and other information.
1)VP & Medical Director, Underwriting MED0000N - Prudential
The Individual Life division seeks an experienced, enthusiastic physician, with primary care experience, who has excellent collaboration, communication, and teaching skills. The position involves analyzing medical risks, researching survival for medical conditions, consulting with underwriters regarding complex medical impairments, teaching and presenting medical seminars to underwriters.
The medical director works in a team of other physicians, underwriters and managers on developing medical guidelines and consulting on medical risks.
· Review medical records of applicants for life insurance to assess mortality risk
· Consult with and train underwriters on the specifics of medical disorders on a case by case basis
· Interpret ECGs and stress tests, review and assess laboratory tests and other requirements from an Insurance Medicine perspective
· Research and conduct formal training seminars for underwriters and external audiences on medical topics
· Interact with producers and attending physicians as case needs warrant
· Research changing medical survival trends and provide input into underwriting guidelines for the in-house underwriting manual
· Physician, board certified, with a minimum of three years experience in a primary care specialty such as Family Practice or Internal Medicine preferred
· Insurance Medicine experience preferred
· Current medical license in good standing and appropriate continuing education credits as needed per year required
· Strong knowledge of general medicine, cardiology, oncology and geriatric medicine
· Superior teaching skills
· Experience in internet research identifying relevant medical articles and ability to summarize medical record information
· Highly effective communicator with ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively with other physicians and managers
· A leader who has successfully led work and project teams
*Position is located in Plymouth, Minnesota
**Remote work considered for applicant with Insurance Medicine experience
Please apply on our website at www.Prudential.com
2)Medical Manager - SwissRe (Armonk, NY)
We are looking for a Medical Manager to join our Armonk, NY team to provide expert medical knowledge for life and health risk selection, claims management, product development, and underwriter education. The primary focus is in North America, but considerable interaction with global teams expected.
·Provide expert medical consultation on complex cases for underwriters, claim consultants, and case managers. Maintain and expand expertise on mortality and morbidity issues, insurance products, and medical trends.
·Train and educate underwriters on significant medical issues, both current and emerging. Disseminate medical knowledge and research through presentations at industry or internal company meetings and by written contributions to internal and external publications.
·Enhance Swiss Re image and industry standing by providing second opinions to client companies on complex medical underwriting or claim cases and by providing other consultations or training programs.
·M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical or osteopathic school and be licensed or license-eligible to practice medicine in the U.S. Board Certification in Insurance Medicine is preferred but not an absolute requirement.
·Minimum of 2 years clinical medical practice and 5 years of insurance medicine experience preferred. Must possess a current and comprehensive knowledge of medical literature and current trends. Effective verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrated creative ability for research and developmental work as well as flexibility in application of medical knowledge to life underwriting. Experience with life mortality analysis and protective value studies preferred.
·Underwriting authority assigned after training period of 3-6 months. Supervision on-site by Chief Medical Officer and Chief Underwriter.
All applications should be submitted on our website through the following link: